The Witch card is unlocked from the Bone Pit (Arena 2). She is an area damage, medium-ranged troop with moderate hitpoints and damage output. Every 7 seconds, the Witch will passively summon a group of four Skeletons that are the same level as herself. However, her first wave of Skeletons will spawn 1 second after she is deployed. A Witch card costs 5 Elixir to deploy.
- Since the Witch has a rather low Elixir cost to health ratio and low damage output, she should be placed far behind high hitpoints troops such as the Giant so that she can have more time to summon her Skeletons and provide offensive support. To defend a push like this, it is best to destroy the Witch first with a spell or area damage troop, leaving the Giant with no support and making it easier.
- Although the Witch deals notably less damage than the Wizard, she is generally more reliable on defense as a lone unit due to her Skeleton spawns. This allows her to effectively distract and counter single targeting units with slow attack speeds like the Prince and Inferno Dragon, while the Wizard cannot. However, her Skeletons are often ineffective versus most air units.
- Her first Skeleton spawn has a notable delay. This means that against very fast moving troops, like the Mini P.E.K.K.A., the Skeletons may not spawn in time to protect her on reaction.
- Area damage units are the most reliable counters, as they will make quick work of the Witch and her spawns and be able to counterattack afterwards.
- Bomber is the most Elixir-efficient counter, being a cheap unit with a large area damage radius and high damage per attack.
- Valkyrie costs one more Elixir, but is more effective and easier to use against a larger push with more support units, thanks to her health pool and 360° area attack.
- Area denial units like the Bowler will be able to immediately defeat Skeletons as they are spawned and continue to attack the Witch with little issue.
- It is not recommended to spawn the Witch next to the player's Crown Tower if the opponent has cards like the Rocket or Lightning since they can take out the Witch and damage the Crown Tower at the same time, dealing a good amount of tower damage for just one extra Elixir. A Fireball at least 3 levels higher than a Witch can take her out completely.
- To work around this, the player can play the Witch in the other lane to split their overall spell damage, or they can play her closer to the river and deny their opponent of any opportunity for spell damage on their tower.
- Fireball or Poison combined with any other small spell will take out the Witch as well. If she is beside other troops or a Crown Tower, the negative Elixir trade will be made up for in splash value or chip damage respectively.
- She is still threatening to a Princess Tower despite her low health pool thanks to her Skeleton spawns being able to quickly whittle down a tower in the time that she is tanking for them.
- Underneath the effect of a Rage spell, the Witch will not only move and attack faster, but she will also spawn Skeletons slightly faster. Those Skeletons will also benefit from the Rage spell, making her a more valuable troop to use Rage on and more likely to result in a snowball effect on a counterattack.
- When the Witch is Cloned, her clone will also spawn Skeletons. If the opponent lacks a spell or proper area damage unit, this will often overwhelm them and destroy their tower in mere seconds.
- The Witch is a good counter for a lone Sparky. She should be placed far enough back that her first wave of Skeletons spawn right as the Sparky rolls in range. This will be able to distract the Sparky multiple times with her Skeletons, allowing herself and/or other troops to destroy the Sparky. However, the defending player should be very mindful of the timing of the Witch's deployment. If done incorrectly, the Witch will be defeated in one swift shot without spawning anything, and the opponent will have a healthy Sparky on the arena while the player only has one extra Elixir. Their opponent could also clear the Skeletons out with a spell right before the Sparky attacks, allowing Sparky to take out the Witch.
- The Witch was added with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 11/1/16, a Balance Update decreased the Witch's spawned skeletons level by 1. Before this update, a Level 13 Witch would be able to spawn level 14 skeletons.
- On 19/2/16, a Balance Update increased her damage by 3%.
- On 23/3/16, a Balance Update increased her damage by 5%.
- On 3/5/16, the May 2016 Update fixed the "range bug" and decreased the Witch's range to 5 (from 5.5) but her effective range is unchanged. Also, before the change Witch was able to summon level 13 skeletons while the level cap for the skeletons card was 12. The Goblin Barrel was able to do the same with the Goblins.
- On 18/5/16, a Balance Update increased the Witch's damage by 10%. In addition, the skeletons' hitpoints and damage were increased by 5%.
- On 21/6/16, a Balance Update increased the Witch's damage by 17%.
- On 13/2/17, a Balance Update increased the Witch's damage by 6%.
- On 12/6/17, a Balance Update increased the Witch's hitpoints by 5%, increased her area damage radius by 10%, decreased spawn speed to 7 sec (from 7.5 sec), and slowed the spawn speed of her first wave.
- On 2/7/18, a Balance Update increased the Witch's hitpoints by 17%, decreased her spawn speed to 5 seconds (from 7), and decreased her hit speed to 1 second (from 0.7 seconds).
- On 3/9/18, a Balance Update decreased the Witch's hitpoints by 3.5%.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Witch from Training Camp to Bone Pit (Arena 2).
- On 1/4/19, a Balance Update made the Witch spawn 3 additional Skeletons upon death.
- On 7/10/19, a Balance Update increased the Witch's damage by 220% (69 to 220), reduced her area damage radius by 45%, decreased her health by 12% (787 to 696), decreased her attack speed to 1.4 sec (from 1 sec), and removed the 3 Skeletons that spawned upon death. Her skeleton summoning speed also changed to 7 sec (from 5 sec), and she now spawns Skeletons in a plus shape around her.
- On 4/11/19, a Balance Update removed the Witch's area damage, decreased her attack speed from 1.4 to 1.7 seconds and set the first Skeleton spawn from 1 second to 3.5 seconds. Her mass also increased by 100% so that she could no longer be pushed by Skeletons.
- On 27/11/19, a Balance Update added Area Damage to the Witch's attacks, decreased her damage by 49% (220 to 111), and increased her hit speed to 1.1 sec (from 1.7 sec)
- On 3/2/20, a Balance Update increased the Witch's first attack to 0.7 sec (from 1 sec).
- On 9/12/20, a Balance Update increased the speed of her first Skeleton spawn to 1 sec (from 3.5 sec).
- The Witch has been "buffed" more times than any other card, improving her stats repeatedly.
- The Witch are one of the 13 cards associated with Skeletons, including the Bomber, Skeleton Army, Tombstone, Bomb Tower, Giant Skeleton, Balloon, Guards, Skeleton Barrel, Graveyard, Wall Breakers, and Skeleton Dragons.
- There was a bug with the Witch where she could be trapped in a corner of the player's territory by any building, such as the Goblin Hut or Barbarian Hut, which players utilized to use the Witch as an additional spawner, before the building trapping the Witch was destroyed and she could continue on as a normal troop.
- However, the March 2016 Update fixed the 'Stuck Witch' bug.
- She and other troops still seem to "bounce" around tight spaces between buildings.
- In Clash of Clans, the Witch gets around by floating, whereas in Clash Royale, she walks instead.
|5||1.1 sec||Medium (60)||1 sec||7 sec||5||Air & Ground||x1||Ground||Troop||Epic|
|1 sec||Fast (90)||Melee: Short||Ground||Ground|
||Witch Area Damage
||Witch Damage per second
||Skeleton Damage per second|