Trophies indicate a player's or Clan's skill rating. Players can gain or lose Trophies by either winning or losing battles. Trophies you gain are deducted from your opponent's trophy count. The amount of Trophies a player gains or loses is based on how much more or how much less trophies the opponent has compared to theirs. If the opponent has more Trophies, then the player will lose less trophies, and vice versa. Earning Trophies unlocks rewards and new Arenas, and by reaching 5,000 or higher, the player can enter Leagues.
- Arena 1, Goblin Stadium, is unlocked upon completing the tutorial.
- 300 unlocks Arena 2, Bone Pit.
- 600 unlocks Arena 3, Barbarian Bowl.
- 1,000 unlocks Arena 4, P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse.
- 1,300 unlocks Arena 5, Spell Valley.
- 1,600 unlocks Arena 6, Builder's Workshop.
- 2,000 unlocks Arena 7, Royal Arena.
- 2,300 unlocks Arena 8, Frozen Peak.
- 2,600 unlocks Arena 9, Jungle Arena.
- 3,000 unlocks Arena 10, Hog Mountain.
- 3,400 unlocks Arena 11, Electro Valley.
- 3,800 unlocks Arena 12, Spooky Town
- 4,200 unlocks Arena 13, Rascal's Hideout.
- 4,600 unlocks Arena 14, Serenity Peak.
- 5,000 unlocks Arena 15, Legendary Arena.
Once a player unlocks an Arena, the player cannot be demoted to a lower one again, which means the player’s trophies will not drop below the required amount of trophies for that Arena. Unlocking an Arena will also grant the player a Chest Speed-up Boost, which halves the waiting time required to open Chests.
At various Trophy thresholds, players can accept rewards by tapping the Arena icon above the battling buttons. These rewards come in the form of Cards, Wild Cards, Chests, Trade Tokens, Gold, Gems, and Emotes. These rewards can only be claimed once, though above 5,000 Trophies, the rewards become claimable again at the start of each season (see Leagues), while also changing slightly. If a player reaches a Trophy threshold for a reward, but drops below the Trophy threshold before claiming it, they will not be able to claim the reward until they reach the required threshold again.
Trophy Road Statistics (0 - 5000)
The contents of each chest are based on the Arena the reward is unlocked in, not the player's current Arena.
- Main article: Tournament
- This type of trophy formerly appeared only in Custom Tournaments. It was used in a similar fashion to regular Trophies, but could only be gained or lost within Custom Tournaments.
- At the end of the Custom Tournament, players with more Tournament Trophies would be rewarded with bigger Tournament Chests.
Legend Trophies could be obtained above 3000 at the end of every season. Any Trophies above 3000 would be converted to Legend Trophies and added to the player's profile. Legend Trophies added up after each season. This system was replaced by Leagues in the March 2017 update. However, any players who may have achieved Legend Trophies before had the amount they achieved shown in their profile, until the December 2018 update, which removed them in exchange for an exclusive emote (see History below).
- Leagues are a special feature which is unlocked upon reaching 5,000 .
- The season will reset on the first Monday of each month.
- At the end of each season, players in a League will lose a certain percentage of their Trophies above 5,000. The percentage depends on what League the player finished in.
- In the Challenger Leagues, the reset percentage is 50%.
- In the Master Leagues, the reset percentage is 40%.
- In the Champion Leagues, the reset percentage is 30%.
- Unlike Arenas, players can drop from a higher League to a lower one.
- On 2/2/16 the February 2016 Update added the Legendary Arena and Legend Trophies.
- On 29/2/16 the March 2016 Update added a new Arena, Builder's Workshop which unlocks at 1,700 trophies.
- On 11/4/16, a maintenance break fixed an issue where some players would not recieve Legendary Trophies after the season reset.
- On 10/5/16, a maintenance break fixed an issue where some players would not get reset back to 3,000 trophies after the season reset.
- On 23/5/16, a maintenance break fixed the issue of the end of season Trophies of some players.
- On 4/7/16 the Tournaments Update added a new Arena, Frozen Peak, which unlocks at 2,300 trophies.
- On 15/8/16, the trophy infusion level was increased to 2,000 from 1,000. This meant that up to 2,000 trophies, the winner would gain more trophies than the loser lost. Above this point, the trophies won by the winner would be equal to the trophies lost by the loser.
- On 13/1/17, a new Arena, the Jungle Arena, was added, which unlocks at 2,600 trophies.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update added a new Legendary Arena at 3,800 trophies and renamed the old Legendary Arena to Hog Mountain. Leagues were also added to the game which start from 4,000 with the last League being at 6,400 .
- On 12/12/17, the Electrifying Update added Electro Valley at 3,400 and made it the new Arena 11. The Legendary Arena became Arena 12.
- On 20/6/18, the June 2018 Update changed the reset system of the Leagues with each player's reset point now dependent on the player's trophies rather than their leagues.
- On 5/12/18, the December 2018 Update removed the Legend Trophies from players who had them, but to compensate, players who had them received Gold and an exclusive Royal Ghost emote.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update added a new Arena, Spooky Town, which unlocks at 3,600 Trophies. It also changed the trophy requirement for some Arenas.
- On 7/6/21, the 2021 Quarter 2 Update added two new Arenas; Rascal's Hideout, from Season 10 of Pass Royale, which unlocks at 4,200 Trophies, and Serenity Peak, from Season 7 of Pass Royale, which unlocks at 4,600 Trophies. The trophy requirement for each League was increased by 1,000, and the Trophy Road was expanded accordingly. The seasonal Trophy reset mechanics for players in Leagues were also updated.
- Trophies function similarly to those of the same name in Clash of Clans.
- Just like the Trophy Leagues in Clash of Clans, it is impossible to have a negative trophy count. If you win a match while your opponent has 0 trophies, you will still gain 30+ trophies while the opponent loses nothing.
- If a player manages to get on the Leaderboards (Global), they may get the message, "Another top player is looking for a match!"
- In Clash Royale, League divisions are ranked I, II, III from low to high, but in Clash of Clans the reverse holds.
- The Challenger League badges resemble the Bronze, Silver and Gold League badges in Clash of Clans. The Master II and III League badges represent a Hog Rider's hammer and a Lightning spell bottle, while the Champion League badge represents a Prince helmet.