The Skeleton Dragons card is unlocked from Spooky Town (Arena 12). It spawns two low hitpoint, moderate area damage troops. A Skeleton Dragons card costs 4 Elixir to deploy. They appear to be skeletal versions of the Baby Dragon with team-coloured wings and back spikes.
- The Skeleton Dragons act more or less like a fragile pair of Baby Dragons, doing area damage and flying at the same speed. However, they are at a disadvantage individually because they have noticeably less hitpoints, a smaller area damage radius, and a slower attack speed than the Baby Dragon.
- They are especially weak to splash units that target air such as Wizard and Executioner, but they will usually destroy the Wizard or Executioner while being left crippled.
- A Royal Delivery will cripple the Skeleton Dragons, but won't one-shot them.
- It is generally not recommended to assault a Crown Tower with only the Skeleton Dragons, as their low health makes them easy to counter for a positive Elixir trade.
- Since the Skeleton Dragon comes in pairs, they can usually defeat Minions and Minion Horde while remaining mostly intact.
- However, if the opponent uses the latter to surround them, the Skeleton Dragons will often be overwhelmed.
- The Musketeer is a neutral Elixir trade against the Skeleton Dragons with the help of the Princess Tower. It will survive with a bit of health left should you decide to counterpush.
- Hunter is a good counter for the Skeleton Dragons as he shoots multiple projectiles. However, bear in mind that this is a neutral Elixir trade and that Hunter will die in one hit to the Crown Tower afterwards.
- You can kite the Skeleton Dragons with a well-placed Ice Golem at the center of the arena, fully countering their attack.
- This will not work if the Skeleton Dragons are placed in the corners of the arena.
- Due to their frail nature, it's recommended to support them on offense or defense with a tank in order to maximize their damage output, as long as the opponent doesn't have a spell to immediately take out the Skeleton Dragons.
- Fireball is a hard counter to Skeleton Dragons, one shotting them for an equal Elixir trade and being able to hit other units in its radius. Poison will kill them if they are exposed to it long enough, but they will usually move out of its range unless they are distracted.
- Combined, the Skeleton Dragons do the same amount of DPS as an equal level Wizard. When paired with their cheaper cost by 1 Elixir and their ability to fly, this set of abilities makes the Skeleton Dragons a viable force to take out high-value targets on defense, especially with another unit tanking for them.
- Their high DPS allows them to fulfil multiple roles within the same deck, being air attackers that also deal area damage.
- The Skeleton Dragons card was made available in the Dragon Hunt game mode in late May 2020, several days before it was made available in Special Event Challenges.
- The Skeleton Dragons card will be unlocked through multiple Special Event Challenges before general release, the first coming on 5/6/2020.
- The Skeleton Dragons card was generally released on 6/7/20.
- On 7/7/20, a Balance Update decreased the Skeleton Dragons' damage by 6%.
- It is one of the four cards that come in pairs, the others being the Archers, Elite Barbarians and Wall Breakers.
- It is one of the four dragon cards, the others being the Baby Dragon, Inferno Dragon, and Electro Dragon.