- Due to their high numbers and overall high DPS, the Skeleton Army is very effective against single target enemy troops and building targeting troops such as the P.E.K.K.A. or Giant.
- Another benefit is the Skeleton Army's low cost of 3 Elixir, making it a very versatile card that can give the player an Elixir advantage in almost any case.
- Although they have low health individually, their sheer numbers allow for them to be effective at blocking most troops and siege buildings. This can even work for air troops, such as the Inferno Dragon due to the fact that the Skeleton Army can stall and pull the Inferno Dragon away from the tower, giving the tower a chance to damage the Inferno Dragon.
- While being powerful in numbers, they are very weak against splash damage; most area damage units will be able to take out the whole swarm without losing health. Low cost spells are also effective at taking the swarm out efficiently.
- Despite their area damage weakness, the Skeleton Army is capable of countering directional area damage troops like a Wizard or Bomber. For this to work, the Skeleton Army must be placed directly on top of the unit, surrounding it and overwhelming their area damage before the swarm is defeated.
- The Skeleton Army can bait the opponent into using their area damage spell, allowing the player to use other high DPS swarms such as Goblin Gang safely. However, unlike the Goblin Gang, the Skeleton Army can be fully countered by a wider range of spells. As such, they may not the most effective at baiting out the desired spell, such as The Log, if they have more than one.
- Other swarm troops such as Barbarians and Minion Horde may be more favorable as a substitute, as they have higher hitpoints compared to the Skeleton Army. However, they also have a heavier Elixir cost, which does make them more committal but also makes them more enticing for the opponent to use a higher cost spell like Fireball on them, allowing other spell-vulnerable cards in the player's deck to thrive.
- Poison and Fireball are a negative Elixir trade but do counter the Skeleton Army effectively.
- The Barbarian Barrel can not only counter the Skeleton Army for a positive Elixir trade but also force out a response from the opponent. If the barrel is played right at the river, the Barbarian that spawns will get two hits on the tower left unattended, allowing for valuable chip damage.
- The Skeleton Army is not recommended to be used offensively, as they can be easily wiped out with spells such as Arrows. However, if the opponent's cheap spell is out of rotation, this play may force non-efficient counters out of their hand, as if the Skeleton Army manages to lock on to a Crown Tower, they will deal extremely high damage to or even destroy it.
- Their high count allows them to be played in the center or behind the player's King's Tower to cover both lanes. This often entirely deters the opponent from immediately attacking, as they will only be able to spell down half of the swarm with one push.
- Using a Rage on the Skeleton Army makes it a huge threat since they already move quite fast and deal high damage per second. Mirroring the Skeleton Army gives a huge numbers advantage. However, trying either of these strategies is very risky, as a splash unit or a spell can wipe it out for a positive Elixir trade. In double Elixir, the impact of failing this strategy is reduced because of the faster Elixir generation rate.
- An Ice Golem is able to eliminate the entire Skeleton Army with its death damage when equally levelled for a positive Elixir trade.
- The Skeleton Army was released with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 19/2/16, a Balance Update increased the Skeletons' hitpoints and damage by 11%.
- On 18/5/16, a Balance Update increased the Skeletons' hitpoints and damage by 5%.
- On 4/7/16, the Tournaments Update increased the number of Skeletons spawned to 21 (from 20).
- Clash Royale said that the fourth Skeleton from the Skeletons (the Skeletons card now only deploys three Skeletons) card joined the Skeleton Army, making it from 20 to 21.
- This newly joined Skeleton was named "Ledoot", according to the updated description.
- This was a nod to a popular meme, the Skull Trumpet.
- This was a bit of an odd name, as all of the other skeletons' names ended with the letters "-ry".
- The spawning pattern also got compressed when the card is deployed by the river. Previously skeletons would spawn on top of the river, even in enemy territory.
- On 20/10/16, a Balance Update decreased the Skeleton Army's Elixir cost to 3 (from 4), increased the Skeletons' levels by 5 and reduced the number of Skeletons spawned to 16 (from 21).
- On 1/11/16, the November 2016 Update removed the word "Ledoot" from its description.
- On 23/1/17, a Balance Update decreased the number of Skeletons spawned to 15 (from 16).
- On 19/4/17, a Balance Update decreased the number of Skeletons spawned to 14 (from 15).
- On 1/10/18, a Balance Update increased the number of Skeletons spawned to 15 (from 14)
- Using the Skeletons card to summon 15 Skeletons would cost 5 Elixir, whereas using using the Skeleton Army card to summon 15 Skeletons costs 3 Elixir.
- The Skeleton Army is one of the 13 cards associated with Skeletons, including the Bomber, Witch, Tombstone, Bomb Tower, Giant Skeleton, Balloon, Guards, Skeleton Barrel, Graveyard, Wall Breakers, and Skeleton Dragons.
- In the card picture, each Skeleton appears to have a diagonal cross on its eye.
- The Skeleton 'Larry' in the Skeleton Army's description is a reference to the Clash of Clans commercial, Larry.
- It has the highest overall damage per second of any troop card, and the second highest overall damage per second in the game, second only to the Inferno Tower (at its maximum damage).
- The Skeleton Army has the lowest health out of all the epic troops, and ties with Bats and Skeletons for the lowest health in the game.
- The names of the skeletons are Larry, Harry, Gerry, Terry, Mary, Barry, Cherry, Karrie, Faerie, Scary, Sherry, Gary, McClary, Huckleberry, and LeDoot.
- The Skeleton Army is the only "value pack" troop card that has a different rarity with its corresponding "basic" troop card (as opposed to Minion Horde, Three Musketeers and Goblin Gang).
- If a Skeleton Army were max level, (Level 13) then that means that a Princess Tower level 9 or under would take 2 hits to defeat 1 skeleton, making it equivalent to 30 skeletons.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.