The Royal Ghost card is unlocked from the Spooky Town (Arena 12) or a Legendary Chest. He is an area damage, melee troop with moderate hitpoints and damage. A Royal Ghost card costs 3 Elixir to deploy.
- The Royal Ghost spawns invisible and is only targetable by opposing troops when he attacks. Because of this, his initial attack always hits first.
- Spells and area damage attacks will still affect the Royal Ghost whether he is invisible or not.
- An Electro Dragon's chain lightning attack will also chain onto him even when he is invisible, dealing considerable damage.
- The Royal Ghost can also be defeated by a mini tank like the Knight because its hit speed is quite low.
- Due to his invisibility, the Royal Ghost is not very effective at tanking since the tower will attack the troop behind him.
- The Royal Ghost is a powerful offensive troop since his invisibility allows him to reach key targets without taking unnecessary damage. The ability to pick off targets like this is incredibly disruptive, sometimes forcing the player to play a card early to protect their troops or a Tower from him. However, air units have no effect on him whatsoever since they will both ignore each other unless the Royal Ghost is provoked by another ground troop.
- Swarms like Skeleton Army can defeat the Royal Ghost more effectively if they are placed around him.
- The Royal Ghost is also a strong support card. He deals moderate splash damage which allows him to effectively counter small groups like the Goblin Gang and Barbarians cards.
- The Royal Ghost excels at taking down ranged troops since his invisibility negates their range advantage. Key targets are Wizards, Musketeers, and Firecrackers. A Royal Ghost can one-shot equivalent level Princesses and Dart Goblins.
- The Royal Ghost is a situational defensive troop. He is difficult to play reactively due to his invisibility making tanking for troops on reaction harder. The Royal Ghost also cannot kite troops since he spawns invisible.
- The Royal Ghost cannot distract the opponent's Royal Ghost or a Tesla that is hiding. Instead, they will just ignore each other.
- One of the cheapest counters the player can use against a Royal Ghost is an Ice Golem and Skeletons combo. First, one must place the Ice Golem to distract the Royal Ghost and make it turn visible. Then, deploy the Skeletons behind him to deal the damage.
- An Ice Golem alone is enough to counter the Royal Ghost on your side if it is alone. Let the Ghost get close to the tower; then, place the Ice Golem off to the side to distract it. The Ghost will stay visible and be in range of the Princess Tower long enough for it to be defeated.
- The Royal Ghost card was added to the game on 4/1/18.
- On 24/1/18, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Ghost's damage by 6%, hit speed decreased to 1.8sec (from 1.7sec), invisibility delay increased to 1.2sec (from 0.7sec).
- On 4/6/18, a Balance Update delayed the Royal Ghost’s invisibility to 1.6 sec (from 1.2 sec).
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Royal Ghost from Hog Mountain (Arena 10) to Royal Arena (Arena 7).
- On 5/11/18, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Ghost's hitpoints by 9%.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Royal Ghost from Royal Arena (Arena 7) to Spooky Town (Arena 12).
- On 2/9/19, a Balance Update increased the Royal Ghost's splash radius to 1 tile (from 0.8 tiles).
- He, the Valkyrie, the Dark Prince, and the Mega Knight are the only melee troops which can deal area damage. However, unlike the aforementioned troops, the Royal Ghost does not do a 360° area attack.
- Two Royal Ghosts or a Royal Ghost and a Tesla from an opposing player will ignore each other instead of attacking each other.
- The Royal Ghost has the same health value as a Miner of equal level.
- The Royal Ghost is subject of some Emotes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.