The Royal Ghost card is unlocked from the Spooky Town (Arena 12) or a Legendary Chest. He is an area damage, melee troop with moderate hitpoints and damage. When he is deployed, he will spawn invisible, and will only turn visible once he attacks. Before that point, any opposing units will ignore him even if he is in their sight range. He also hovers as he moves, meaning he can cross the river like an air troop would, but is still targetable by ground-only attacks. A Royal Ghost card costs 3 Elixir to deploy.
- The Royal Ghost will always attack first thanks to his invisibility mechanic. However, spells and area damage attacks can still affect the Royal Ghost. An Electro Dragon or Electro Spirit's attack can also chain onto him.
- Due to his invisibility, the Royal Ghost is ineffective at tanking since the tower will attack the troop behind him.
- The Royal Ghost is a powerful offensive troop since his invisibility allows him to reach the target without taking unnecessary damage. The ability to pick off ranged support troops like this is incredibly disruptive, sometimes forcing the opposing player to use a card that they might not have wanted to.
- The Royal Ghost is an effective way of taking out ranged support troops placed close to the river thanks to his aforementioned invisibility and his hover ability. His damage is enough one-shot units like the Princess and Dart Goblin, two-shot units like the Archers and Firecracker, and three-shot units like the Musketeer or Wizard. This can be a powerful alternative to using a spell like Fireball, allowing the player to instead save it for another opposing troop or for their next offense.
- The Royal Ghost's area damage is large enough to effectively take out small swarms like the Goblin Gang, but he will rarely be able to hit other troops if the unit he is attacking is large, like a Giant. Despite this, the defending player should take note of this and not play their counter unit too close to their Princess Tower to avoid unnecessary damage.
- The Royal Ghost is a situational defensive troop. He is difficult to play reactively due to his invisibility making tanking for troops on reaction harder. The Royal Ghost also cannot kite troops since he spawns invisible.
- The Royal Ghost will ignore an opposing Royal Ghost or a hidden Tesla and bypass them. Therefore, the player may want to deploy a cheap troop to force the opposing unit to make themselves visible, so that their own unit can get the first strike.
- If the player would like to deploy the Royal Ghost to bank Elixir, he should be placed at the back corner of the arena rather than behind the King's Tower. This makes it more difficult for the opponent to kite the Royal Ghost to the center and for the opponent to activate their King's Tower by using a Tornado spell.
- The Royal Ghost card was added to the game on 4/1/18.
- On 24/1/18, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Ghost's damage by 6%, hit speed decreased to 1.8sec (from 1.7sec), invisibility delay increased to 1.2sec (from 0.7sec).
- On 4/6/18, a Balance Update delayed the Royal Ghost’s invisibility to 1.6 sec (from 1.2 sec).
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Royal Ghost from Hog Mountain (Arena 10) to Royal Arena (Arena 7).
- On 5/11/18, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Ghost's hitpoints by 9%.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Royal Ghost from Royal Arena (Arena 7) to Spooky Town (Arena 12).
- On 2/9/19, a Balance Update increased the Royal Ghost's splash radius to 1 tile (from 0.8 tiles).
- On 6/10/20, a Balance Update allowed the Royal Ghost to hover, meaning it can cross the river and will collide with air troops instead of ground troops.
- On 18/11/20, an update changed the hover mechanic. The Royal Ghost and other hovering troops will no longer pass through buildings, push back air units, or bounce off the river when knocked back.
- He, the Valkyrie, the Dark Prince, and the Mega Knight are the only melee troops which can deal area damage. However, unlike the aforementioned troops, the Royal Ghost does not do a 360° area attack.
- The Royal Ghost has the same health value as a Miner of equal level.
- The Royal Ghost is subject of some Emotes.