The Night Witch card is unlocked in Spell Valley (Arena 5) or a Legendary Chest. She is a single-target melee troop with moderate hitpoints and high damage. She summons 2 Bats every 7 seconds, in addition to summoning four Bats upon death. A Night Witch card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- She cannot perfectly counter some troops that the Witch can, as the Night Witch cannot distract ground-targeting troops with her Bats. However, the Night Witch can defeat nearly all cards that cost 6 Elixir or below, like Sparky, the Lumberjack, or the Wizard.
- The Night Witch cannot attack air troops, so Minions or the Baby Dragon will be effective at taking her out since they can also easily take out her summoned Bats. However, if these units are distracted with something else, the Bats may heavily damage or even defeat them.
- Ranged splash damage troops like the Executioner, Wizard, or Witch are very effective against the Night Witch since they can defeat her and her spawned Bats quickly without receiving much damage.
- The Night Witch is best used behind a tank like the Golem. The Bats will be tanked for, allowing them to damage down any troops placed on top of the tank, and they can also distract an Inferno Tower/Dragon. However, a few Bats are often not enough to fully nullify an Inferno card, so having a card that can stun pairs well with this duo.
- Pairing the Night Witch with the Miner can be a strong synergy since they can create two combos, both just as devastating for the opponent: The Night Witch can be used to tank for the Miner, and when she is defeated, the spawned Bats are tanked for by the Miner and will deal massive damage to the Princess Tower if left ignored; or the Miner can tank for the Night Witch and her Bats, also heavily threatening the Princess Tower.
- Poison is the most effective spell against the Night Witch. If timed correctly, not only will the Poison cripple the Night Witch, it will also eliminate all the spawned Bats. If the poison ends up taking out the Night Witch it will end taking out the spawned bats as well.
- The Night Witch's high damage per attack in addition to her continuous spawns make her potent at defeating high-health units, whether it be on offense or defense. Her Tombstone-like ability to burst into 4 Bats upon death allows her to continue defending even after she is defeated, though these are vulnerable to area damage.
- Just like the regular Witch, if the Night Witch summons Bats while under Rage, her Bats are also affected.
- The Night Witch can be used to effectively counter the Graveyard since her Bats can quickly defeat the Skeletons. Conversely, it is also a great synergy with Graveyard. The Night Witch will tank for the Graveyard, while the Skeletons and Bats deal massive damage while staying relatively spread out.
- A Night Witch, even with the assistance of a Princess Tower, cannot prevent a Balloon from connecting to the Tower. Her first wave of Bats do not spawn and attack quickly enough to prevent the Balloon's first attack, even when she is placed slightly in advance.
- The Night Witch's role in a deck is fairly different compared to her counterpart, the Witch. The Night Witch does not do splash damage, only spawns two Bats at a time, is very fragile without the help of a tank unlike how Witch could protect herself using the spawned Skeletons, and cannot target air troops. On the other hand, the Night Witch's high melee damage, increased health and her faster Bats make her more threatening on a counterpush.
- The Night Witch card was added to the game on 31/5/17.
- The Night Witch was once available in the Night Witch Draft Challenge which started on 29/5/17. In this challenge, gameplay was similar to a regular Draft Challenge, except that one of the players was able to choose who would use the Night Witch. If the player achieved 12 wins, they obtained the Night Witch two days early. However, this was not exploitable like the Electro Wizard Tournament as the Night Witch Draft Challenge had one-time rewards.
- On 12/6/17, a Balance Update decreased the Night Witch's Bats spawned upon death by 1 (to 3 from 4), increased Bat spawn speed by 1 sec (to 6 seconds from 5 seconds), and initial Bats spawn slower.
- On 11/8/17, a Balance Update decreased the Night Witch's damage by 9%, her range by 11% (to 1.65 from 1.85), her Bat spawn speed by 1 second (to 7 seconds from 6 seconds) and the number of Bats spawned on death by 1 (to 2 from 3).
- On 24/1/18, a Balance Update made the Night Witch's initial Bats spawn faster but also decreased her Bats' hit speed to 1.1 seconds (from 1 second).
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Night Witch from Frozen Peak (Arena 8) to Spell Valley (Arena 5).
- On 1/7/19, a 'Rulebook' Update decreased the Night Witch's range from 1.65 to 1.6 (now classified as Melee: Long).
- On 7/10/19, a Balance Update increased the Night Witch's number of Bats summoned on death from 2 to 4.
- On 7/1/20, a Balance Update increased the time for the Night Witch's first wave of Bats to spawn from 1.3 seconds to 3.5 seconds and made her initial attack slower by 17%.
- On 4/8/20, a Balance Update increased the Bats' hitspeed to 1.3 seconds (from 1.1 seconds).
- Unlike the regular Witch, her attack is melee and she can't attack air.
- The Lava Hound, Golem, Goblin Giant, Elixir Golem, and Night Witch are the only 5 troops to spawn troops after death.
- The Night Witch, unlike her Clash Royale counterpart, is ranged and does splash damage in Clash of Clans.
- The Night Witch is one of the nine troop cards that inspired a troop in Clash of Clans, along with the Miner, the Baby Dragon, the Ice Wizard, the Bomber, the Skeleton Barrel, the Battle Ram, the Giant Skeleton, and the Ice Golem.
Night Witch Attributes
|4||1.5 sec||Medium (60)||1 sec||7 sec||Melee: Long||Ground||x1||Ground||Troop||Legendary|
|1.3 sec||Very Fast (120)||Melee||Air & Ground||Air|
||Night Witch Hitpoints
||Night Witch Damage
||Night Witch Damage per second
||Bat Damage per second|