The Magic Archer card is unlocked from the Spell Valley (Arena 5) or a Legendary Chest. He is an area damage, long-ranged troop with moderately low hitpoints and damage. The Magic Archer shoots arrows which go linearly to damage his target and any other units in the arrow's path. A Magic Archer card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- The Magic Archer is excellent at countering buildings in the opponent's territory due to his long range while also surviving spells like The Log, Zap and Arrows.
- When he shoots a Princess Tower, his arrow goes through the Tower. This can be used to hit troops behind a Tower, although it is very unlikely the opponent will deploy a troop behind a Tower while the Magic Archer is attacking it.
- Due to his fast hit speed and his arrow's ability to go through other troops, he can defeat swarms such as the Goblin Gang and Skeleton Army. He can also completely destroy a Minion Horde without taking any damage as long as he has the help of a Princess Tower.
- A Fireball or Poison can completely destroy a Magic Archer for a neutral Elixir trade, but hitting other targets with the said spell such as a Princess Tower will make the move even more advantageous.
- He is an effective counter to the Graveyard, as he shoots rapidly and his arrows can hit multiple Skeletons at once. However, his higher vulnerability to Poison compared to a troop like Musketeer means that he will often be defeated during a larger Graveyard push. Players should take advantage of his long range and place him behind their King's Tower to make it harder for the Graveyard user to spell him without accidentally activating the King's Tower.
- The Magic Archer's long projectile range means that if a unit is in front of a Princess Tower, he can be played at the river and damage both of them. If the opponent is distracted with the player's other troops and lacks a unit that can quickly defeat the Magic Archer, he can garner immense chip damage. When defending against a Magic Archer crossing the bridge, the counter unit should be placed off to the side to prevent the extra damage he would otherwise deal to the Princess Tower.
- The Magic Archer can be effectively used with the Tornado to cripple or even defeat large groups of enemy troops. The Tornado will group up all the troops, and the Magic Archer will constantly shoot them, dealing quite a bit of damage, all due to his ability to pierce multiple troops with his projectile. If done at the bridge, he can also snipe the Princess Tower for some chip damage. His long range should also be accounted for when placing the Tornado; units can be pulled slightly farther away than if the player was defending with something like an Executioner, which helps prevent the opposing units from attacking him during the Tornado's effect.
- A lone Magic Archer can be completely countered with an Ice Spirit and the help of a Princess Tower. As the Magic Archer crosses the river, the Ice Spirit should be placed one tile to the opposite side and five tiles up from the King's Tower. The Magic Archer will attempt to chase and shoot it as it moves away, and the arrows will miss due to the Ice Spirit's Very Fast speed. The defender can also activate their King's Tower during the kite by deploying a unit between the Magic Archer and their King's Tower.
- A Magic Archer can pierce almost all the Skeletons from the Skeleton Barrel with a very precise timing, similar to the Princess. Deploy him behind your King's Tower in the same lane when the barrel's shadow is five tiles from the Princess Tower. If timed correctly, his arrow will hit the Skeletons as they are clumped up, at most leaving one left alive which is easily defeated by the Princess Tower.
- The Magic Archer card was added to the game on 2/3/18.
- On 25/4/18, a Balance Update increased the Magic Archer's projectile speed, making him less likely to miss faster moving troops.
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Magic Archer from Electro Valley (Arena 11) to Hog Mountain (Arena 10).
- On 5/11/18, a Balance Update increased the Magic Archer's first attack speed to 0.9 seconds (from 0.4 seconds).
- On 7/1/19, a Balance Update decreased the Magic Archer's first attack speed to 0.6 seconds (from 0.9 seconds).
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Magic Archer from Hog Mountain (Arena 10) to Spell Valley (Arena 5).
- On 5/8/19, the August 2019 Update increased the Magic Archer's damage by 16% but decreased his hit speed to 1.1 seconds (from 1 second).
- On 7/4/20, a Balance Update decreased the Magic Archer's targeting range to 6 tiles (from 7 tiles).
- On 5/5/20, a Balance Update increased the Magic Archer's targeting range back to 7 tiles (from 6 tiles) but also decreased his hitpoints by 10%.
- The Magic Archer often says “tulta” which means “fire“ in Finnish.
- The Magic Archer has the smallest area damage radius out of all cards, at 0.25 tiles.
- It used to be the case that a troop is placed right for defense against the Magic Archer, the Magic Archer could hit and activate your King's Tower due to his long range. A bug fix update has removed this.
- The Magic Archer is the subject of an Emote.