The Ice Spirit card is unlocked from the Frozen Peak (Arena 8). It is an area damage, very short-ranged troop with low hitpoints and damage. An Ice Spirit card costs 1 Elixir to deploy. Like Fire Spirits, the Ice Spirit attacks by jumping onto the target before disintegrating. The Ice Spirit will freeze affected troops for 1 second.
- The Ice Spirit is an excellent utility card when paired with other units. It can be used to offensively or defensively and will cycle the player’s deck for only 1 elixir.
- For just one Elixir, the Ice Spirit is a strong card to have in many Decks due to its ability to cycle the deck, and to give other troops or even the Tower more time to destroy an oncoming threat.
- An Ice Spirit has sufficient hitpoints to reach the opposing Crown Tower. This means that all Goblin cards, the Graveyard, Minions, or Minion Horde card can reach the Crown Tower unscathed while the Ice Spirit tanks and freezes the Crown Tower.
- The Ice Spirit has enough hitpoints to take a shot from most medium-sized units. The Musketeer, Executioner, Baby Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Witch, Minions, Archers, Princess, Ice Wizard, Miner, and the Bandit, all take more than one hit to eliminate the Ice Spirit, giving it ample time to freeze them.
- Normally, an Ice Spirit will fail to counter Spear Goblins when placed on top of them, as all three immediately throw their spears to take it out. However, by placing on the frontmost tile on either side of the Princess Tower, the Ice Spirit will jump onto the trio right before the third spear would hit it, freezing all three and bringing their health low enough for the Princess Tower to counter them for a positive Elixir trade. The Ice Spirit should be timed so that it finishes deploying right before the first Spear Goblin walks close enough to attack it.
- Against a Furnace, place the Ice Spirit beside and slightly in front of the Princess Tower after it takes out the first Fire Spirit of the first wave. The Ice Spirit will tank for the second Fire Spirit, and jump onto the second wave for a positive Elixir trade, since two waves of Fire Spirits are worth 1.3 Elixir.
- If the opponent has their Furnace placed in the center three tiles away from the bridge, the Ice Spirit's area damage will also hit the Furnace, denying an extra wave of Fire Spirits from spawning.
- If the Princess Tower is available, the Ice Spirit can almost fully counter a Goblin Gang. Deploy the Ice Spirit so that it spawns right before the Spear Goblins are about to lock onto the Princess Tower. If done correctly, the Goblins will walk back and the whole swarm will be splashed and stunned, allowing for a +2 Elixir trade in exchange for minimal tower damage.
- An Ice Spirit placed on the fifth tile away from the bridge and staggered into the opposite lane as a Magic Archer walks in range of the Princess Tower will both kite and fully counter it.
- Once the Magic Archer's health has dropped to about one third, you can place a single unit between it and the King Tower to activate it.
- A Skeleton Barrel can be fully countered by dropping the Ice Spirit when the barrel's shadow is one tile away from the Princess Tower. The Ice Spirit should spawn right as the barrel pops, and finish deploying right as all the Skeletons spawn, and proceed to jump onto all of them.
- If the Ice Spirit is placed ahead of a Hog Rider, the Ice Spirit can freeze buildings or take out Goblins and/or Minions with the help of a Zap. The same applies to cards like the Lumberjack, Mini P.E.K.K.A., and Musketeer.
- The Ice Spirit can reset all charged or channeled abilities like the Prince's charge with its temporary freeze.
- The Ice Spirit can serve as a replacement for the Zap since it freezes troops for twice as long while having only half the cost. However, it deals noticeably less damage than Zap, the area being damaged is smaller and also cannot be placed directly on the opponent's side.
- Ice Spirit also pairs well with Zap. Their combined damage allows them to fully take out any unit up to Archers, which is especially useful on offense.
- It is a good emergency stop for the Balloon to do less damage if the opponent catches you with no elixir. However, this is only for emergencies as the Balloon will still do a lot of damage.
- The Ice Spirit card was added to the game on 4/7/16 with the Tournaments Update.
- On 1/11/16, a Balance Update decreased the Ice Spirit's freeze duration to 1.5 sec (from 2 sec).
- On 23/1/17, a Balance Update decreased the Ice Spirit's damage by 10%.
- On 25/4/18, the Clan Wars update decreased the Ice Spirit's damage by 4% and freeze duration to 1 sec (from 1.5 sec).
- The Ice Spirit is one of the five troops to die as part of its attack, the others being the Fire Spirits, Heal Spirit, Electro Spirit and Wall Breakers.
- The Ice Spirit's description references that of Clash of Clans' Freeze spell, which is, "When the going gets hot, stay frosty!"
- Although the Ice Spirit and the Fire Spirits are very similar (both are Very Fast, short ranged area damage attackers), the Ice Spirit has a bigger splash radius and a slightly longer attack range. It also has more health, enabling it to survive at least one shot from most medium damage troops and reach the Crown Tower alive, even when alone.
- The Ice Spirit, the Skeletons, the Electro Spirit, and the Heal Spirit are the only cards that cost only 1 Elixir, making them the cheapest cards in the game.
- An Ice Spirit can kill Skeletons that are up to 4 levels higher.
- It has the same hitpoints as a Minion of equal level.
- It is the subject of one of the two Christmas Emotes, along with the Ice Wizard.
- The Ice Spirit has hitpoints equal to the damage of an equal level Tesla.
|1||Very Fast (120)||1 sec||2.5||Air & Ground||1 sec||Ground||Troop||Common|