The Hunter card is unlocked from the Goblin Stadium (Arena 1). He is a short-ranged troop with moderate hitpoints who shoots shotgun shells with a widespread, and each shot pellet does slight area damage on impact. The Hunter will do very high damage up close and less at range. A Hunter card costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- The Hunter is able to take care of swarms when placed at a distance, and can quickly damage down tankier units when placed right next to them, having similar damage to a P.E.K.K.A. when all his bullets connect. However, although he has slightly more health than units of identical Elixir cost like the Musketeer, he will still be damaged down fairly quickly by support troops in a push due to his low range and attack pattern forcing him to be played near the front. Distraction units like Skeletons and mini tanks like the Ice Golem complement him very well, buying him considerable time to get his powerful burst shots off for a cheap cost.
- One on one, he can neutralize a lot of mini tanks and building targeting units; against a Hog Rider, he will only let it hit the Princess Tower once before defeating it. He can usually take three or four hits from a mini tank before being defeated, and he has enough health to survive one P.E.K.K.A. strike.
- A lone Hunter can be surrounded with swarm units such as the Skeletons or Bats to counter him, since he can only shoot in one direction at once and has a fairly slow attack speed.
- As the Hunter's shotgun shoots multiple projectiles, he can counter troops with shields relatively well. When the shield's health is depleted by some of the bullets, the damage from the rest of the bullets will dig into the unit's actual health.
- Ranged units such as the Musketeer, Baby Dragon and Wizard are good counters to the Hunter since they do not get close enough for the Hunter to deal significant damage to them.
- However, the Hunter will destroy these troops extremely fast if he is deployed right on top of them.
- The Prince is a hard counter to a lone Hunter, being able to counter it defensively or offensively whether he has his charge attack or not thanks to his health pool and his melee attack having a longer range than most others.
- He is an okay counter to the Graveyard, since he can one-shot the spawned Skeletons with each pellet and can survive an equivalent level Poison spell. However, the varied spawn locations of the Skeletons can cause him to be inconsistent as the spawning order of his bullets is also random, possibly making him miss more of his bullet shots. Additionally, as the spell's duration goes on, he will walk towards the center of the Graveyard and be vulnerable to being surrounded.
- He can counter a center placed Goblin Barrel if he is placed directly behind the Princess Tower before the barrel lands. However, the timing for this needs to be precise; the Hunter's deploy timer should finish the moment the Goblins stop being pushed out to the sides of the tower. Otherwise, the Hunter may not shoot straight ahead, causing some of his bullets to miss.
- An Ice Spirit is sufficient to distract the Hunter long enough for the Princess Tower to finish him off.
- The Hunter pairs very well with the Fisherman, as the Fisherman pulls units towards the Hunter, allowing the Hunter to maximize his damage easily. This combo can defeat many singular units on defense, but can be defended with swarms like a Skeleton Army or units with high enough burst damage, like a Sparky.
- Though the Hunter is very powerful on defense, he deals little damage towards opposing Crown Towers due to rarely, if ever, getting close to them. However, charging units such as the Battle Ram can actually push him close to the Princess Tower if placed directly behind the Hunter, though this combo is very impractical at 8 Elixir.
- The Hunter was added on 12/12/17 with the Electrifying Update.
- On 24/1/18, a Balance Update decreased the range to 4 (from 5), and slightly decreased his bullet spread.
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Hunter from Jungle Arena (Arena 9) to Goblin Stadium (Arena 1).
- On 7/10/19, a Balance Update increased the Hunter's damage by 2%.
|4||2.2 sec||Medium (60)||1 sec||4||Air & Ground||x1||Ground||6.5||Troop||Epic|
||Damage per second|
|6||524||53 x10||24 x10|
|7||576||58 x10||26 x10|
|8||634||64 x10||29 x10|
|9||696||70 x10||31 x10|
|10||765||77 x10||35 x10|
|11||838||84 x10||38 x10|
|12||922||93 x10||42 x10|
|13||1,011||102 x10||46 x10|