The Graveyard card is unlocked from the Spooky Town (Arena 12) or a Legendary Chest. It is a spell with a wide radius that spawns 20 Skeletons. The Skeletons appear one by one in random positions on the edge of the spell's radius. The Graveyard can be cast anywhere in the Arena. A Graveyard spell costs 5 Elixir to cast.
- An effective strategy with the Graveyard is to place a high hitpoint unit, such as the Giant, and then cast the Graveyard near the Princess Tower. The Giant will tank the damage while the Skeletons destroy the tower. However, this strategy can be effectively countered with an area damage unit or swarms to handle the Skeletons and a high damage per second unit to handle the tank.
- Since the Graveyard can be placed anywhere on the map, it has great synergy with the Miner, as the Miner can immediately tank for the Skeletons as they decimate the tower. However, this combo is still weak to the types of cards mentioned above. This problem can be temporarily solved with a Tornado, as it can pull the units away from the Graveyard and allow the Skeletons to continue dealing damage, though this is a large amount of Elixir to spend.
- A Graveyard has many counters, but most of them can easily be dealt with Poison or Fireball.
- Effective counters to the Graveyard include Goblins, Lumberjack, Barbarians, Archers, Guards, Valkyrie, Night Witch, Dart Goblin and Minions. Guards and the Lumberjack are great counters to the Graveyard. They are both fast, the Lumberjack has high hitpoints, allowing him to survive most spells and Guards are Zap resistant.
- A Skeleton Army and Goblin Gang can be great counters to the Graveyard for a 2+ Elixir advantage. As they cover a large area, they can quickly react to the Skeletons that are newly spawned and destroy them before they have a chance to do any damage. However, they are susceptible to Zap, Arrows or The Log.
- Spells are very effective at defeating several grouped Skeletons. Delaying the spell for a bit is more effective than an immediate deployment, as it allows the spell to clip a few more Skeletons. Building a deck with many spell vulnerable cards like the Princess can be useful in indirectly supporting a Graveyard, as the opponent will only be able to use their spell on one of them.
- It is generally not a good idea to pair the Graveyard with a Zap spell, as the stun will cause the tower to retarget onto the Skeletons, weakening the tank-Graveyard synergy.
- A fairly reliable counter to the Graveyard is the Poison, with the Poison covering most of the radius of the Graveyard and being able to one-shot the Skeletons per tick. However, some Skeletons that spawn right next to the Princess Tower will still be able to attack it once, as the first attack speed of a Skeleton is lower than the time required for the Poison to take effect (1 second).
- On the other hand, the Poison works well with the Graveyard. The Poison can deal with enemy counters well, and can counteract enemy placements of Minions or other small troops. However, it is not effective against higher-health troops such as the Valkyrie.
- Pairing this card with the Freeze can allow the player to circumvent counters that would otherwise be difficult to prevent, such as Valkyrie or Baby Dragon, and deal massive damage to the opposing Princess Tower. However, after the Freeze's effect wears off, the opponent will have a healthy troop available to counterpush with. The player should avoid Freezing without a substantial Elixir advantage or if they know that they will be able to end the game before the opponent can take advantage of the Elixir deficit (e.g. in the Overtime period, where taking a tower immediately ends the game).
- The Graveyard should not be placed in the center of a targeted Princess Tower, as there is a chance for a Skeleton to spawn near the King's Tower and activate it early. Instead, it should be placed on the side of the Princess Tower that is the furthest away from the King's Tower to prevent any Skeletons from spawning near it.
- The Graveyard can be used as an adequate substitute for the Goblin Barrel. The upsides of the Graveyard are that it spawns more troops than the Goblin Barrel, is less predictable, and can deal damage more quickly, while the downsides are that it is more expensive and harder to obtain, as well as upgrade. It is not as level dependent however.
- Due to the staggered spawn of the Skeletons, Graveyard is also a situational defensive card against single targeting units or units with a slow attack speed. This means it can synergize well with an Inferno Tower to defend against large pushes. Even if the opponent uses Zap, the supports behind the tank will be preoccupied with the Skeletons to deal with the Inferno Tower. The spell must be placed a bit preemptively due to its 2 second delay before the spawning of the first Skeleton.
- The Graveyard was released on 28/10/16.
- On 1/11/16, its description was changed to its current description. Prior to this, its description was "Unearths a gang of Skeletons anywhere in the Arena. Spooky!"
- On 11/8/17, a Balance Update decreased the Graveyard's duration to 9 seconds (from 10 seconds), consequently causing it to spawn 2 fewer Skeletons (15 instead of 17).
- On 9/10/17, the October 2017 Update increased the Graveyard's duration to 10 seconds (from 9 seconds), reduced its radius to 4 tiles (from 5), made the first Skeleton spawn 0.5 seconds slower, and made the spawn mechanics of the Skeletons less random by making the skeletons spawn on the edge.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Graveyard from Spell Valley (Arena 5) to Spooky Town (Arena 12).
- On 3/11/20, a Balance Update decreased the area where Skeletons can potentially spawn inside the radius, with the new range being 3.5 - 4 tiles (from 3 - 4 tiles).
- On 19/11/20, an update reverted the previous balance change, making the spawn radius 3 - 4 tiles once again.
- On 9/12/20, a Balance Update increased the delay of the first Skeleton spawn to 2.2 sec (from 2 sec).
- It is one of four troop-spawning spells, the others being the Goblin Barrel, the Barbarian Barrel, and the Royal Delivery.
- A player named Backstabx won The Crown Duel tournament with Graveyard decks.
- The Graveyard is one of the two Legendary spell cards, the other being The Log.
- The Graveyard is one of the 13 cards associated with Skeletons, including the Bomber, Skeleton Army, Witch, Tombstone, Bomb Tower, Giant Skeleton, Balloon, Guards, Skeleton Barrel, Wall Breakers, and Skeleton Dragons. It is currently the only Legendary card and spell card associated with Skeletons.
- The Graveyard and the Miner are the only Legendary Cards who do not drop from the sky when deployed. They instead pop up from underground.
- The small tombstones visual effect can be seen in this card's image and also when this card is deployed. This effect is taken from Clash of Clans when Elixir troops die.
- In Clash of Clans, there is a similar spell called the Skeleton Spell, which summons Skeletons within its radius. It originally summoned its Skeletons all at once, but has since been reworked to behave similarly to the Graveyard.
- The total number of Skeletons spawned by the Graveyard is five more than that of the Skeleton Army, which has 15 Skeletons.
- It is currently the only Legendary card without its own Emote.
|5||4||1.7 sec||10 sec||0.5 sec||Spell||Legendary|
|1 sec||Fast (90)||Melee: Short||Ground||x20||Ground|
||Skeleton Damage per second|