The Giant Snowball card is unlocked from Frozen Peak (Arena 8). It is an area of effect spell that deals low damage in a 3 tile radius. This spell slows all enemies within its radius for 2.5 seconds and will knock back all but the heaviest of troops. A Giant Snowball card costs 2 Elixir to cast.
- The Giant Snowball is a 2 Elixir utility card that is an effective finisher against low hitpoint troops.
- This card excels at disrupting enemy pushes by knocking them back and slowing them down briefly, giving you time to attack or defend.
- With help from the Princess Tower, the Giant Snowball can completely counter the Goblin Barrel with proper timing.
- The Giant Snowball can activate the King Tower with a poorly placed Miner or Goblin Barrel.
- The Giant Snowball's knockback effect can reset an Inferno Dragon's focus. However, this is not to be confused with a stun, as the Giant Snowball will not reset an Inferno Tower or Sparky.
- Its knockback effect is the same as that of the Fireball; it is a true stun that resets attack animations. This is in contrast to a normal stun such as that of the Zap, which stalls attack animations but does not reset them.
- The Giant Snowball's knock-back mechanic can be used to force enemy troops into favourable positions. One example would be pushing a Princess into range of your Crown Tower. Another would be to split up a push so you can deal with it in smaller groups.
- With proper timing, the Giant Snowball can also be an effective support on offense, destroying low hitpoint troops and knocking back + slowing other troops.
- The Giant Snowball is comparable to the Zap. Both deal the same amount of damage, but the Giant Snowball offers a slower projectile that has a larger area of effect with knockback and slowdown, while the Zap has instant damage and a stun to reset all enemy troops.
- The Giant Snowball card was added to the game on 20/6/18.
- On 1/10/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball's slow duration to 2.5 seconds (from 2 seconds) and damage by 10%.
- On 3/12/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball’s damage by 14%.
- On 1/7/19, a Balance Update reduced the Giant Snowball's radius from 3.0 to 2.5.
- The Giant Snowball and Ice Wizard have the same slow duration.