The Giant Snowball card is unlocked from Frozen Peak (Arena 8). It is an area of effect spell that deals low damage in a 2.5 tile radius. This spell slows all enemies within its radius for 2.5 seconds and will knock back all but the heaviest of troops. A Giant Snowball card costs 2 Elixir to cast.
- The Giant Snowball is a 2 Elixir utility card that is an effective finisher against low hitpoint troops.
- This card excels at disrupting enemy pushes by knocking them back and slowing them down briefly, giving you time to attack or defend.
- With help from the Princess Tower, the Giant Snowball can completely counter the Goblin Barrel with proper timing.
- The Giant Snowball can activate the King Tower with a poorly placed Miner or Goblin Barrel.
- The Giant Snowball's knockback effect can reset an Inferno Dragon's focus. However, this is not to be confused with a stun, as the Giant Snowball will not reset an Inferno Tower or Sparky.
- Its knockback effect is the same as that of the Fireball; it is a true stun that resets attack animations. This is in contrast to a normal stun such as that of the Zap, which stalls attack animations but does not reset them.
- The Giant Snowball's knockback mechanic can be used to force enemy troops into favourable positions. For example, the knockback can force a Hog Rider off your tower onto a defensive building.
- With proper timing, the Giant Snowball can also be an effective support on offense, destroying low hitpoint troops and knocking back and slowing down other incoming troops.
- The Giant Snowball is comparable to the Zap. Both deal the same amount of damage, but the Giant Snowball offers a slower projectile that has a larger area of effect with knockback and slowdown, while the Zap has instant damage and a stun to reset all enemy troops.
- The Giant Snowball card was added to the game on 20/6/18.
- On 1/10/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball's slow duration to 2.5 seconds (from 2 seconds) and damage by 10%.
- On 3/12/18, a Balance Update increased the Giant Snowball’s damage by 14%.
- On 1/7/19, a Balance Update reduced the Giant Snowball's radius from 3.0 to 2.5.
- On 7/10/19, a Balance Update reduced the knockback of the Giant Snowball by 17% (from 1.8 tiles to 1.5 tiles).
- The Giant Snowball and Ice Wizard have the same slow duration.