Gems are the premium currency of Clash Royale. When players first download the game, they start with 100 Gems. Additional Gems can be earned in-game by opening Free or Crown Chests, completing Quests, or purchasing them with real money. They can be used to unlock Chests instantly, buy Chests and Gold in the Shop, and more.
Gems can be purchased from the Shop for the following amounts: (All amounts in USD)
|Image in Shop||Price (USD)||Gems||Name||Gems per Dollar (USD)|
|$0.99||80||Fistful of Gems||80 gems / 1 dollar|
|$4.99||500||Pouch of Gems||100 gems / 1 dollar|
|$9.99||1 200||Bucket of Gems||120 gems / 1 dollar|
|$19.99||2 500||Barrel of Gems||125 gems / 1 dollar|
|$49.99||6 500||Wagon of Gems||130 gems / 1 dollar|
|$99.99||14 000||Mountain of Gems||140 gems / 1 dollar|
- Main article: Shop
- You can skip the opening of Chests with your Gems. Every 10 minute interval reduces the cost of doing so by 1 Gem
- You can buy Gold, Cards, and Chests with Gems.
- You can start Tournaments and join Challenges using Gems.
- You can also skip the request time to send another request for 1 gem every 10 minutes. However, doing this will make the previous request disappear.
Obtaining Gems Without Purchase
- Gems can be found inside Crown and Free Chests; they will contain 2-4 Gems.
- Gems can also be earned by completing Quests.
- Occasionally, some free Gems can be found as a daily deal in the Shop.
- Gems can be won as one-time rewards in some Special Event Challenges.
- Gems can be won from Clan Wars.
- Gems can be won from Fantasy Royale.
- Clash Royale is the second Supercell game to feature a $0.99 premium currency package. (The first one was Hay Day, which allowed you to spend $0.99 to purchase a "Pile of Coins").
- The Barrel of Gems looks similar to that of the Goblin Barrel.
- If the language is set to Japanese, you can see how many Gems you have got for free and how many you have purchased by tapping on the number of Gems you have on the upper right corner.