The Flying Machine card is unlocked from the Builder's Workshop (Arena 6). It is a single-target, flying, ranged troop with low hitpoints and moderate damage output. It appears to be a small turret in a barrel with a rotor on top. The Flying Machine costs 4 Elixir to deploy.
- The Flying Machine can be a suitable substitute for a Musketeer, as they generally have similar stats. However, the Flying Machine is airborne, moves more quickly, has less hitpoints, and deals less damage than a Musketeer. These characteristics can make it better at immediately supporting a push at the bridge.
- The Flying Machine is excellent at defeating spawners as well as most buildings. Due to its long range, it can pick off buildings near the middle of the Arena without being targeted by the Princess Towers.
- A Fireball or Poison will completely destroy a Flying Machine up to 1 level higher for a neutral Elixir trade, but hitting other targets with said spell will make this move more advantageous. Using other Fireball-vulnerable cards, such as Barbarians or Skeleton Dragons, can allow the Flying Machine to survive for longer periods of time. Alternatively, the Flying Machine can be used to bait these spells so that the other Fireball-vulnerable cards can wreck havoc.
- The Flying Machine is fragile and therefore will need to be supported with a tank such as an Ice Golem or a Giant if it is used offensively.
- Unlike a Musketeer, it can't completely stop troops like Mini P.E.K.K.A.s or Lumberjacks even with Princess Towers' support since it can't distract them. Because of this, the player should typically place a decoy unit like Skeletons to distract the units so the Flying Machine can finish them off.
- With the assistance of a Crown Tower, a Flying Machine can defeat a lone Balloon, Knight, or Valkyrie before they reach the tower. However, Balloon will get its death damage on the Crown Tower.
- A Flying Machine cannot be kited due to having an attack range identical to its sight range (i.e, if an enemy unit moves out of its attack range, it will not chase that unit down). When using a grounded unit to tank for a Crown Tower in order to counter an opposing Flying Machine, players should place the grounded unit in the same lane as the Flying Machine to assure the grounded unit will not walk out of range.
- Due to its long range and fast initial hit speed, a Flying Machine will get a shot on a Crown Tower before the Tower’s arrow can reach it. This makes the Flying Machine threatening even when it is only one attack away from being destroyed, as one shot deals only slightly less damage than a Fireball to a Crown Tower. The player should either use counters which destroy it completely, like Mega Minion, or use units to block its attacks so that the Crown Tower can defeat it, like with Skeletons.
- The Flying Machine was part of the "Flying Machine Draft Challenge", which started on 22/9/17. Players who achieved at least 8 wins in the challenge won Flying Machine cards as one-time rewards.
- The Flying Machine was added to the game on 6/10/2017.
- On 9/10/17, the October 2017 Update changed the artwork of the Flying Machine card.
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Flying Machine from Jungle Arena (Arena 9) to Builder's Workshop (Arena 6).
- On 1/4/19, a Balance Update reduced the Flying Machine's hit speed to 1.1 seconds (from 1 second).
- On 27/10/21, the 2021 Quarter 3 Update added the level 14 Flying Machine.
- The Flying Machine has the longest range of any other flying troop, firing projectiles 6 tiles far.
- According to a tweet by Clash Royale Twitter account, the Flying Machine was originally planned to shoot darts, and the card was called "Dart Barrel".
- The Flying Machine's creator is the Master Builder, a character from the game Clash of Clans's Builder Base. He is also the one piloting the Flying Machine; his legs can be seen sticking out of the Machine in its card art, splash art, and also in its reveal trailer.
- You can see a part of the Flying Machine's barrel on the dock to get from the normal base and war base in Clash of Clans.
|4||1.1 sec||Fast (90)||1 sec||6||Air & Ground||x1||Air||Troop||Rare|
||Damage per second|
|Damage Dealer||1||Deal a total of 185,000 Damage to enemy Troops or buildings||100 Flying Machine cards|
|2||Deal a total of 560,000 Damage to enemy Troops or buildings||4,000 |
|3||Deal a total of 930,000 Damage to enemy Troops or buildings||150 |
|Tower Tapper||1||Hit enemy Crown Towers a total of 420 times||6,000 |
|2||Hit enemy Crown Towers a total of 1,200 times||100 |
|3||Hit enemy Crown Towers a total of 2,100 times||300 |