The Fisherman is unlocked in Hog Mountain (Arena 10). He is a single-target, melee troop with moderate hitpoints and damage. He can throw a hook which either pulls enemy troops towards him, or pulls himself towards buildings. Hooked units will be slowed in movement and attack speed by 35% for 2.5 seconds. While moving to a building with his hook, he can still be damaged, unlike a dashing Bandit. A Fisherman card costs 3 Elixir to deploy.
- The Fisherman's hook has a range of seven tiles. Players should keep this in mind when deciding where to place him against enemy troops to pull them.
- In 1-on-1 battles, the Fisherman is mediocre against any troop with high damage at close range, so players should avoid using the Fisherman alone to reel in troops that deal high amounts of damage to close targets such as a Hunter, Mini P.E.K.K.A. or a P.E.K.K.A. unless they desperately need to pull it away from their tower. However, pairing the card with swarm troops like Skeletons or Guards to distract the enemy troop can protect the Fisherman and allow it to stay on the board for a counterpush.
- On the contrary, the Fisherman can synergize well with close-range melee troops as the Fisherman can pull enemy troops closer to them so the troop is able to hit more easily. A very powerful version of this synergy is the Fisherman + Hunter combo. The Fisherman's health pool can allow it to tank for the somewhat frail Hunter, and the Hunter will be able to land all of his shots thanks to the Fisherman hooking units towards them.
- The Fisherman is best used as a defensive support card to separate a tank from support troops, primarily building targeting units. Players should avoid cycling him in the back as opponent may take advantage of his hook and make him pull something unfavourable towards their tower, like a Giant Skeleton.
- He can counter a Hog Rider completely, with or without a King activation. The player should hover the Fisherman on the third tile from the river and on the second tile horizontally in the opposite lane they think the Hog Rider will be deployed in. Once the Hog Rider has been deployed, drop the Fisherman as the Hog Rider's deploy timer is halfway finished. The Hog Rider will just barely be defeated before swinging at the Princess Tower.
- If the Fisherman is always played close to the river to hook away troops that target buildings, the attacking player can distract its hook with cheap swarms, allowing the building chaser to get to the tower uninterrupted.
- Fisherman can be used against most building chasers or melee area damage troops to activate the King's Tower by placing him in front of it, slightly into the opposite lane. Most of the time, the Princess Tower will be forced to take a bit of damage before the King's Tower is activated, so the player should only do this if their tower is still healthy.
- Against continuous ranged splashers like the Magic Archer, placing the Fisherman on the fourth tile vertically from the King's Tower and the third tile horizontally from the Princess Tower as the troop walks in his range will force a King activation after hooking them.
- The Fisherman can be deployed slightly earlier against building chasers so that he will hook them right as they are about to attack the Princess Tower, resulting in no damage. However, missing this timing will cause the King activation to fail completely.
- Note that regardless of timing, all three Crown Towers will be distracted with the troop on the King's Tower for a short amount of time. The opponent may deploy frail, high damage troops on offense to take advantage of this vulnerability. If the player knows they won't have enough Elixir to counter follow up troops, it may be better to defend the building chaser normally. Pulling units to the King's Tower is not recommended more than once, as the damage dealt could possibly result in a back door three crown later in the match.
- If the player knows the opponent is going to send a Miner to the back of their Princess Tower, such as with a Miner + swarm push, they can deploy the Fisherman behind the King's Tower in the same lane of the Miner. When the Miner is hooked towards the Fisherman, the Miner will retarget to the King's Tower and activate it.
- Cards with a continual stun are very good counters to a Fisherman, as he will be permanently stuck charging his hook until he is defeated. Electro Dragon and Electro Wizard are the most reliable due to the former's chain lightning and the latter's split attack making it more likely for the Fisherman to be hit in larger pushes.
- If timed correctly, the Fisherman's hook can reset the Battle Ram, the Ram Rider, the Prince, and the Dark Prince's charges; as well as being able to stop the Mega Knight from getting his jump off. Interestingly, the Fisherman can stop the Bandit mid-dash with his hook, despite the latter usually being invincible during it.
- If the Fisherman is deployed alone with no support, Goblins can counter him. The Fisherman does not deal enough damage to one-shot a Goblin.
- Fisherman Draft event was released on 4/7/2019 so that players were able to get Fisherman before its general release.
- The Fisherman was generally released on 5/8/2019.
- The August 2019 Update increased the Fisherman's hitpoints by 10% and his hook range by 0.5 tiles (from 6.5 tiles to 7 tiles).
- The September 2019 Update decreased the Fisherman's damage by 11% and his Elixir cost (from 4 to 3 Elixir).
- On 5/9/19, a Balance Update outside the normal monthly schedule decreased the Fisherman's hitpoints by 5%.
- On 7/10/19, a Balance Update decreased the Fisherman's hitpoints by 5% and his damage by 6%.
- On 4/11/19, a Balance Update decreased the Fisherman's hook range by 1 tile (from 7 tiles to 6 tiles) and increased his hook charge time by 10% (from 1 second to 1.1 seconds).
- On 7/1/20, a Balance Update increased the Fisherman's Hook Range by 1 tile (from 6 to 7 tiles), but increased his hook charge time (from 1.1 seconds to 1.5 seconds).
- On 7/7/20, a Balance Update decreased the Fisherman's hook charge time by 13% (from 1.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds), and increased his hit speed by 13% (from 1.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds).
- On 9/12/20, a Balance Update decreased the Fisherman's hitpoints by 10%.
- The Fisherman's name is Maurice as said by his fish in The Flood trailer; however, if the language is set to Japanese, his name is Triton.
- The Fisherman is a subject of some Emotes.