The Fireball card is unlocked from the Training Camp (Tutorial). It is an area damage spell with a medium radius and moderately high damage. A Fireball card costs 4 Elixir to cast. It will push back certain small troops.
- As a general rule when using the Fireball, players should be patient. If waiting to cast the Fireball on a target, wait until another unit is deployed next to it to get an even bigger Elixir advantage than if the Fireball had been used before. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Fireball has a travel time of a few seconds, depending on how far it is sent from the King's Tower. Troops that appear to be at the edge of the spell's radius when it is launched may not be hit by the time the spell actually lands.
- The Fireball should be used to finish off weakened units or to kill/cripple large numbers of small troops like Barbarians, Spear Goblins or Archers. However, it is unwise to use a Fireball on lone high hitpoint troops like a Giant or a Valkyrie as it will hardly affect them, resulting in a negative value trade.
- Wizards, Musketeers, Ice Wizards, Electro Wizards, Witches, and Mega Minions will survive the Fireball if they are of equal level. A tank in front of them might become a disaster as the surviving troops can quickly take the player's Tower. This can be avoided with a subsequent Zap or The Log. One thing that is important to know is that the Fireball pushes back certain units, so the player will want to time it properly lest the second spell miss.
- If the level of the Fireball is higher than that of an equivalently leveled Wizard, Electro Wizard or Musketeer, it will completely destroy them. This could result in a quick positive Elixir trade in the case of the first.
- Remember to destroy the tank after everything behind it is gone. Otherwise, it could do heavy damage to or even destroy a Crown Tower.
- It is effective against spawner buildings such as the Goblin Hut because they will lose health and thus be denied a few waves. However, hitting only one spawner will often result in a negative value trade as the spawner will typically still have enough health to spawn a few waves.
- The Fireball can be effective against Elixir Collectors, as it will lower its hitpoints enough to deny a lot of Elixir from being produced for a neutral Elixir trade.
- With the help of the Princess Tower, the Fireball can barely prevent the Balloon from getting no other damage besides its death bomb. Aim for the bottom of the Balloon's shadow so that the Balloon is knocked vertically, buying more time for the Princess Tower to chip it down. If the Fireball or Princess Tower is underleveled, or if the Balloon is overleveled, this strategy may not work.
- If the opponent places a small troop close to the center of the arena, such as a Wizard, a properly placed Fireball can knock it back and make it head into the other lane after recovering from the blast. This can be useful for diverting small troops to the other path, especially if that lane is better defended or has more remaining Princess Tower health. This should only be done with a Fireball if a Tornado is not being used or is out of rotation, as a Tornado is much more reliable for doing this.
- In Overtime, a Fireball can be used to quickly take out an enemy Tower and secure a win if the enemy's Tower has low enough health. Aim for the bottom corner of the Crown Tower that is closest to your King's Tower to reduce the spell's travel time considerably.
- A Fireball can destroy Zappies up to 2 levels higher, and a Flying Machine or Magic Archer up to 1 level higher for a neutral Elixir trade.
- The Fireball was released with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 19/2/16, a Balance Update decreased the Fireball's Crown Tower damage by 20%.
- On 29/2/16, the March 2016 Update changed the card's image.
- On 12/12/17, a Balance Update decreased the Fireball’s Crown Tower damage from 40% to 35% of the full damage.
- On 4/8/20, a Balance Update decreased the Fireball’s Crown Tower damage from 35% to 30% of the full damage.
- The Fireball's description is a reference to a Clash of Clans commercial, Magic.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.