The Fire Spirits card is unlocked from the Spell Valley (Arena 5). It spawns three area damage, short-ranged Fire Spirits with low hitpoints and moderate damage. A Fire Spirits card costs 2 Elixir to deploy. Fire Spirits launch themselves at their target when attacking, destroying themselves on impact. They resemble small chunks of flaming coal with arms and legs.
- The Fire Spirits' area damage is very useful against swarms of weak, small troops like Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Minion Horde, Barbarians, and Guards. However, due to their low health, placing them next to these units will cause them to be defeated before they can attack. Placing the Fire Spirits at a distance will allow them to finish their deploy time safely.
- Due to the Barbarians' staggered deployment time and spread formation, it is generally best to place the Fire Spirits to the side of the Barbarians, pulling them together and allowing for more area damage value.
- If they are quickly placed directly behind the Princess Tower, the Fire Spirits can be used to completely counter a Goblin Barrel. This is risky however, as the opponent can react and destroy them instantly if they have a Zap, so be mindful of when they can support their Goblin Barrel with it.
- If timed correctly, a Fire Spirit can damage all of the Lava Pups just as they explode from the Lava Hound.
- Due to this splash, it is effective to pair them with troops that deal high single hit damage but are easily stopped by the small troops mentioned, such as Mini P.E.K.K.A. and Prince.
- A good card to pair the Fire Spirits with is Zap, as this combo can take out all the units that a Fireball + Zap combo can at a lower Elixir cost, though with a higher risk. A less risky alternative is an Ice Golem + Fire Spirits combination, since it is easier to pull off.
- Two Fire Spirits will connect to a Princess Tower provided they are equivalently leveled, dealing around the same tower damage as a Lightning. Although they can easily be stopped, their cheap cost often lures out cheap spells and can cause opponents to overcommit Elixir-wise with their defenders.
- Fire Spirits can compliment pushes effectively due to their good cost to damage ratio and fast movespeed. For example, if the player is pushing with a P.E.K.K.A. with Fire Spirits behind and the opponent drops Minions to counter, the Fire Spirits quickly make short work of them, allowing the P.E.K.K.A. to continue towards the tower.
- They are most effective with fast moving troops like the Hog Rider, as they will not collide with each other as much during an attack.
- A Hog Rider and Fire Spirits combo can make short work of Cannons, and combining this with Zap can take out defending Barbarians.
- With the help of a Princess Tower, a lone Wizard can be countered with well-timed Fire Spirits by surrounding it, causing only two of the three Fire Spirits to be hit while deploying, letting the last one jump onto him and prevent the Princess Tower from taking damage.
- The player can use units to soak them up. For example, the Skeletons result in a positive Elixir trade but in order for this to work the player will have to put them on top of the Fire Spirits.
- This also works with the Ice Spirit but it is recommended to let the Ice Spirit take out the Fire Spirits rather than using it to soak them up.
- Pulling will only cause 1 or 2 to aggro. When attempting to play a card to absorb Fire Spirits, do not play the card in front of the Crown Tower. Doing so will allow the Fire Spirits to splash both the tower and the distraction unit.
- The Fire Spirits were added to the game on 3/5/16 with the May 2016 Update.
- On 18/5/16, a Balance Update increased the Fire Spirits' area damage radius by 25%.
- On 2/7/18, a Balance Update increased the Fire Spirits' area damage by 5%.
- On 9/9/20, a Balance Update increased the Fire Spirits' area damage radius to 1.7 tiles (from 1.5 tiles).
- It is one of four troops to die as a part of their attack, the other three being the Ice Spirit, Heal Spirit and the Wall Breakers.
- Each Fire Spirit's health is equal to that of Spear Goblins that are two levels lower.
- It's one of the two cards associated with Fire Spirits, the other being the Furnace.
- It is the only swarm card that does area damage.