The Executioner card is unlocked from the Spooky Town (Arena 12). He is an area damage, long-ranged troop with moderately high hitpoints and moderate single hit damage. He throws his axe in a straight line; it will then fly back to him, dealing its damage twice. An Executioner card costs 5 Elixir to deploy.
- The Executioner's long range, ability to hit air, and area damage can allow him to fulfill similar defensive roles to a Wizard or a Witch.
- Although his initiation range is 4.5 tiles, his axe will actually travel 6.5 tiles, and the axe itself has a 1 tile radius so the Executioner can technically reach up to 7.5 tiles. The defending player should always separate their troops and never deploy them directly in front of their Crown Tower, as otherwise they may end up letting the Executioner deal substantial chip damage.
- His hit speed comes in two parts; 0.9 seconds to throw his axe and 1.5 seconds for his axe to return. This adds up to an overall 2.4-second hit speed. Rage and slowing effects will only affect how long it takes him to throw his axe and will not apply to the axe once in motion, even if frozen. Therefore, hit speed changes barely make a difference. Even when he's pulled backwards by the Tornado, the axe will still take 1.5 seconds to return.
- Due to being spell resistant and having decent damage per swing, the Executioner is great against low to medium health troops. However, his damage per second is somewhat low, so mini tanks such as the Mini P.E.K.K.A., Valkyrie or Knight can counter him.
- The range of the Executioner's axe lets him not only damage a tank like the Giant, but also being able to hit support troops behind the tank if the Executioner is placed properly.
- There is a very strong synergy between the Executioner and Tornado. The Tornado can easily line up enemies for the Executioner to hit them all. This combination not only strengthens the Executioner's ability to counter support troops behind a tank, but also stalls the push as a whole from reaching the defender's tower.
- The Executioner is also an excellent counter to swarms of all kinds, capable of defeating most low-cost units with one throw of his axe. However, his low hit speed and directional area damage attack leave him vulnerable to being surrounded by Barbarians or a Goblin Gang once he crosses the river. so he may be overwhelmed by Barbarians if he is surrounded.
- Like the Bowler, the Executioner's axe continually denies the area that it occupies; troops played on top of it will instantly be damaged. Against units with a death spawn, like a Night Witch or a Goblin Hut, a single attack will be able to defeat both.
- When the Goblins of a Goblin Barrel surround a Princess Tower, an Executioner placed directly behind the tower will target the Goblin at the back of the Tower aligned to the center, allowing him to damage all three Goblins at once.
- The Executioner card was added to the game on 27/1/17.
- On 13/2/17, a Balance Update decreased the damage of the Executioner by 6%, the range to 4.5 tiles (from 5 tiles), and the axe's radius to 0.9 tiles (from 1 tile). This update also fixed some glitches where the Executioner's axe would hit enemies behind him when it came back, would do damage in front of him when the axe was at its furthest and cause enemy attack animations to reset to 0 when it hit small to medium sized enemies.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update increased the axe's radius to 1 tile (from 0.9 tiles).
- This update also changed the artwork of the card.
- This update also removed all of the glitches of the Executioner mentioned above.
- On 19/4/17, a Balance Update increased the damage of the Executioner by 6%.
- On 12/6/17, the June 2017 Update added a sound effect to his axe throw.
- On 28/1/19, the January 2019 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Executioner from Jungle Arena (Arena 9) to Spooky Town (Arena 12).
- On 2/9/19, a Balance Update reworked the Executioner by increasing his damage by 82% and decreasing his axe return time to 1 second (from 1.5 seconds). However, his range was decreased to be between 3-4.5 tiles (from 4.5-6.5 tiles), and his hitpoints were reduced by 5%.
- On 5/9/19, a Balance Update outside the normal monthly schedule increased the Executioner's damage by 2% and increased his initiation range to 4 tiles from 3 tiles. His axe still only reaches 4.5 tiles far.
- On 4/11/19, a Balance Update increased his axe's maximum flying distance to 5 tiles (from 4.5 tiles), increased the axe's hover time by to 1.2 seconds (from 1 second), and decreased his axe's area damage radius to 0.8 tiles (from 1 tile).
- On 27/11/19, a Balance Update reverted the Executioner's stats to its state in August 2019. Specifically, his hitpoints were increased by 5%, his hit speed was increased to 2.4 seconds (from 2.5 seconds), his sight range was increased to 4.5 tiles (from 4 tiles), his axe's range was increased to 6.5 tiles (from 5 tiles), his axe's radius was increased to 1 tile (from 0.8 tiles), and his damage was decreased by 45%.
- If he is defeated while his axe is not in his hand, the axe will still fly back to where he was defeated and deal damage to whatever is there.
- The Executioner is one of 8 the troops that have a visual effect of dropping their equipment if defeated, along with the Knight, the Sparky, the Mega Knight, Dark Prince, Guards, Mega Minion and the Rascal Boy.
- The Executioner's personal name is Falce which is revealed if the game's language is set to Japanese. Although the word "falce" means "sickle" in Italian, the Executioner uses an axe as his weapon.
- The initial Season 3 Balance change for Executioner was a 98% damage buff, a range decrease to only 3.5-5 instead of 3-4.5, and a decreased axe return time of 0.4 seconds to 1.1 seconds from 1.5 seconds. This was scaled back with an emergency nerf last minute due to the player base's fear of being overpowered on release.
|5||2.4 sec||Medium (60)||1 sec||4.5||Air & Ground||x1||Ground||6.5||Troop||Epic|
||Damage per second|
|6||760||106 x2||44 x2|
|7||836||116 x2||48 x2|
|8||919||128 x2||53 x2|
|9||1,010||140 x2||58 x2|
|10||1,109||154 x2||64 x2|
|11||1,216||169 x2||70 x2|
|12||1,337||186 x2||77 x2|
|13||1,466||204 x2||85 x2|