The Earthquake card is unlocked from the Jungle Arena (Arena 9). It is an area damage spell with a radius of 3.5 tiles and low damage. An Earthquake card costs 3 Elixir to cast. It will slow down and deal low damage to ground troops, but will deal triple its troop damage to buildings over three ticks. It does not slow a card's attack or unit spawn speed, so its slowdown effect is more similar to the Ram Rider's snare.
It is a murky brown liquid in a small oblong vial with earth rumbling in the background. It appears to be contained in the same vial as the Poison Spell.
- Since the Earthquake deals 300% more damage to buildings, it is an easy way to destroy buildings like Elixir Collector and Furnace for a positive elixir trade.
- It is generally not a good idea to use it on defense due to its low troop damage, but in a pinch the 50% slowdown effect can prevent a push from decimating your tower.
- It is great in Beatdown decks with the Golem and Giant because it takes down bait/'dogwalk' defenses like Cannon and Tesla.
- Against the Inferno Tower, Earthquake combined with a Zap can severely cripple, if not take out the defensive building entirely. The player should use Earthquake first, to slow down the ramp-up damage of the Inferno Tower, and then Zap to fully reset it.
- This combo does not work on the Inferno Dragon, as Earthquake completely misses air troops.
- It is also a great blanket counter to win condition building cards like X-Bow and Mortar, though you will need something else to take them out fully.
- Earthquake can damage an underground Tesla.
- Due to the increased building damage, it can counter spawner decks easily.
- It pairs well with Hog Rider and the Royal Hogs. Both are fast moving troops that appreciate being able to take down buildings relatively quickly.
- A good combo is Miner and Earthquake. Just like the Poison spell, it does area denial. Therefore, it can clear away swarms like Skeleton Army and Goblin Gang, and the slow effect can slow down these swarms.
- The Earthquake card was added to the game on 15/4/19.
- On 2/3/20, a Balance Update allowed the Earthquake to affect a hidden Tesla.
- On 5/5/20, a Balance Update increased the Earthquake's regular damage by 11%, but decreased its building damage multiplier by 25% (400% -> 300%).
- On 2/6/2020, a Balance Update increased the Earthquake's movement speed debuff from 35% to 50%, but removed its troop attack speed debuff and unit spawn speed debuff.
- It is the only spell card to do full damage to Crown Towers, and the only spell that deal additional damage to buildings but less damage to troops.
- It deals three times more damage to buildings.
- It does damage in three ticks, in a way similar to that of Poison.
- It is capable of damaging troops, unlike its Clash of Clans counterpart.