The Bomb Tower card is unlocked from the Hog Mountain (Arena 10). It is an area damage, medium-ranged building with both moderate hitpoints and damage. A Bomb Tower card costs 4 Elixir to deploy. The Tower will throw bombs that deal area damage, just like the Bomber's, to any opposing troops in its defensive radius. However, it cannot attack air units. Upon death, it spawns a bomb that explodes after a slight delay and deals twice of the Bomb Tower's normal attack damage to all nearby enemy troops, including aerial ones.
- The Bomb Tower deals less damage per hit and per second than the Bomber, but it is still effective at dealing with all grounded swarms or clumped up troops. Since it is a building, it is better than a Bomber at stalling tanks like a Giant.
- The Bomb Tower can be effectively placed in the radius of the player's Tower. It will attract most enemy troops, and any opposing offensive troops attacking the Bomb Tower will also be targeted by the defending the Princess Tower.
- When using the Bomb Tower to defend against a Lava Hound push, it is more effective to place the Bomb Tower directly within the Lava Hound's path, rather than trying to pull it and its support troops away. Doing this increases the odds that the Hound and its aerial support troops will get hit by the death bomb.
- Even though the Bomb Tower cannot hit air troops, sending them in alone to try and take down a Bomb Tower is ill-advised, as they will also have to bear the attacks of one or both of the opponent's Princess Towers in addition to any countermeasures the opponent deploys. If waiting for its lifetimer to drain naturally is not an option, cards that can outrange the building like a Magic Archer are more effective since they will not be in range of the opponent's towers.
- The Bomb Tower is a very effective counter against a Hog Rider and swarm push, as it will be able to eliminate the swarms and damage the Hog Rider at the same time while also distracting the latter.
- The Bomb Tower can counter Elite Barbarians due to its splash damage and high health for a positive Elixir trade, but it will be defeated in the process.
- The Bomb Tower's high health means that if timed correctly, the Bomb Tower can take out a Royal Giant despite its somewhat low damage per second. This may be ineffective against a Royal Giant that's supported with back-end units unless they are ground swarms.
- Bomb Towers are also capable of distracting and/or destroying troops that have moderate health, including the Mini P.E.K.K.A., Knight, and Valkyrie, thanks to its health pool. It can also take out glass cannons, such as the Witch, Musketeer, and the Wizard.
- With the help of two or more Crown Towers, it is able to fully counter the Mega Knight. The Bomb Tower must be placed four tiles from the river and two tiles from a Princess Tower to pull the Mega Knight into the range of the second Tower.
- The Bomb Tower synergizes well with Tornado. The Tornado can not only clump up all troops in an incoming push so that the Bomb Tower can hit all of them, but it can also be used to pull units into the Bomb Tower's death bomb.
- The Bomb Tower card was added with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 2/2/16, the February 2016 Update increased the Bomb Tower's hit speed to 1.7 sec (from 1.8 sec).
- On 9/2/16, the Chest Rewards & Card Balance Update increased the Bomb Tower's hit speed to 1.6 sec (from 1.7 sec).
- On 3/5/16, the May 2016 Update decreased the Bomb Tower's lifetime to 40 sec (from 60 sec). This update also fixed the "range bug" and decreased the Bomb Tower's range to 6 (from 6.5) but its effective range was unchanged.
- On 4/7/16, the Tournaments Update increased the Bomb Tower's hitpoints by 6%.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update increased the Bomb Tower's projectile speed by 66%.
- The 20/6/18 Update moved the Arena to unlock the Bomb Tower from Bone Pit (Arena 2) to Hog Mountain (Arena 10).
- On 6/8/18, a Balance Update decreased the Bomb Tower's Elixir cost to 4 (from 5), but also decreased its lifetime to 35 sec (from 40 sec) and its hitpoints by 33%.
- On 1/10/18, a Balance Update increased the Bomb Tower's damage by 5%.
- On 4/3/19, a Balance Update added death damage to the Bomb Tower (does 2x normal damage).
- On 2/6/20, a Balance Update reduced the Bomb Tower's lifetime from 35 seconds to 25 seconds.
- The Bomb Tower is one of the 13 cards associated with Skeletons, including the Bomber, Skeleton Army, Witch, Tombstone, Giant Skeleton, Balloon, Guards, Skeleton Barrel, Graveyard, Wall Breakers, and Skeleton Dragons.
- The Bomb Tower is the only building in Clash Royale to inspire a building in Clash of Clans.
- Though it houses a Bomber, the Bomb Tower has a faster hit speed (1.6 seconds) than the Bomber (with 1.9 seconds of hitspeed.)
|4||1.6 sec||1 sec||25 sec||6||Ground||Building||Rare|
||Damage per second