The Arrows card is unlocked from the Training Camp (Tutorial). It is an area damage spell with a very wide radius and low-moderate damage that quickly launches three volleys in a row. An Arrows card costs 3 Elixir to cast.
- Arrows are extremely effective against large swarms of low health troops such as the Minion Horde or Goblin Gang. They cost 1 more Elixir than Zap, but they have a larger area of effect and also deal more damage, being able to fully defeat Minions up to five levels higher than themselves.
- The spell can be used to finish off buildings that are extremely low on hitpoints. However, this is generally discouraged unless another vulnerable unit is played in the area so that it isn't a negative Elixir and value trade.
- Even though Arrows has a short but noticeable travel time, its large area of effect means it is unlikely to completely miss any target. The separate volleys give the spell a slight area denial effect and allow the spell to be played preemptively to instantly destroy any swarms played, making it useful in supporting single-targeting units like the Prince or Mini P.E.K.K.A..
- Arrows synergize well with Graveyard on offense. The damage of all three waves is able to defeat Guards, Archers, or Minions by itself for 1 less Elixir than a Poison spell, which gives the player more Elixir to spare while allowing more Skeletons to stay alive and deal damage to the tower.
- Arrows are a neutral counter to Goblin Barrel. When the opponent throws the Goblin Barrel, the player should fire their Arrows right when or slightly before the Goblins spawn, and they will be instantly destroyed. Arrows are particularly useful versus opponents who like to mix up their Goblin Barrel placements in an attempt to make the defender miss with their spell; the Arrows' radius denies all realistic fake-out attempts.
- An effective tactic is to deploy less valuable swarm cards to bait an opponent into using their Arrows on them, and then deploying more threatening swarm cards like the Goblin Barrel or Minion Horde when the spell is out of their hand. However, if the opponent has other area damage spells or troops, such as the Zap, Fireball, or Wizard, this may simply end up feeding them several positive Elixir trades, so these counters should also be baited out or the player should only deploy their more threatening swarms when the opponent does not have enough Elixir to deploy a counter.
- This card is very similar to The Log in function with certain differences. While the Arrows card is more expensive, it has the ability to damage air troops and hits a larger area. However, Arrows doesn't have the knockback or the unique rectangular radius that The Log does.
- A full burst of Arrows eliminates a Princess or Dart Goblin one level higher and a Bomber 3 levels lower, as well as equally levelled Archers and Guards. Two volleys eliminate Minions, Spear Goblins, Goblins, and an Ice Spirit, while a single volley is enough to take out Skeletons, Bats, and Fire Spirits.
- Arrows is a hard counter against Clone. Its multiple attacking waves will wipe out the cloned units as well as any possible death spawn from them.
- The Arrows card was released with Clash Royale's soft launch on 4/1/16.
- On 2/2/16, the February 2016 Update decreased the Arrows' damage by 4%.
- On 19/2/16, the Balance Update decreased the Arrows' Crown Tower damage by 20%.
- On 13/3/17, the March 2017 Update increased the travel speed of the Arrows by 33%.
- On 12/12/17, a Balance Update decreased the Arrow’s Crown Tower damage from 40% to 35% of the full damage.
- On 3/6/19, a Balance Update increased the travel speed of the Arrows by 37%.
- On 27/11/19, a Balance Update increased the Arrows' damage by 23%, and made them shoot three volleys of arrows instead of one, with the total damage split evenly between each volley.
- On 4/8/20, a Balance Update decreased the Arrows' Crown Tower damage from 35% to 30% of the full damage.
- The Arrows and the Goblin Barrel are the only spells launched from the King's Tower which do not push back any troops.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.